The Nestlé Golden Chef’s Hat Award exists to support emerging culinary talent by offering the next generation of chefs a platform like no other to experience new opportunities and advance their chef careers.
This Award offers apprentice and junior chefs a truly unique opportunity to showcase their skills in live cook-offs judged to globally recognised standards to win medals across entrée, main and dessert course categories.
The 12 finalists selected from across Australia and New Zealand will then put their skills to the ultimate test and do battle on the big stage at Fine Food Australia in Sydney.
Why enter our culinary award?
Nestlé Golden Chef’s Hat Award is so much more than a competition:
- It’s a unique experience to inspire the next generation of chefs to take it to the next level and push themselves to see what they can do
- It’s an exciting challenge for young chefs to develop their skills and knowledge
- It’s about being part of a chef community, meeting new chefs and connecting with the broader industry
- It’s a great way to show potential employers how passionate you are and gain credentials - the competition is judged to globally recognised standards
- It’s entirely free to enter with prizes at every stage
SHANE MIDDLETON, 2009 & 2010 WINNER(Dinner by Heston Blumenthal London & Melbourne).
“This award really does open doors for you. Winning got my name out there and propelled my career forward at a rapid pace. As a result, I was extremely fortunate to achieve my goal of working for Heston Blumenthal.”