SUSTAINABILITIY AWARD VIDEO GUIDELINES
This year we are giving all chefs who compete in the Regional and Metro Cook-offs, the opportunity to win a Sustainable Practice Prize.
To enter, chefs who have participated in the regional finals will need to submit a short, maximum 90 second video, demonstrating one innovative sustainable practice/idea relevant to a food service business.
The video must be submitted by 11.59pm AEST on 25 August 2023 and include the requirements as per production guidelines below.
Judging will take place by the video Judging Committee between 28 - 30 August 2023. The chef who has demonstrated the most innovative sustainable practice relevant to a food service business will win the Sustainable Practice Prize.
Video mandatory inclusions:
- Include an introduction i.e., your name, job role, place of work/study (if working).
- Minimum of one innovative sustainable practice/idea relevant to a food service business.
- Demonstration/description of the idea (can be verbal or visual demonstration).
- Video does not exceed 90 seconds and the file size does not exceed 100MB.
Video Judging Criteria (Total 20 points)
- Originality of idea/practice 5
- Relevance to foodservice and impact of idea/practice 5
- Storytelling 4
- Video Production 3
- Personal Presentation 3
- Shoot your video vertically
- Focus your eyes to camera
- Let your personality shine through
- Map out what you want to say
- Prepare and rehearse your main points
- Make sure there’s a flow to what you’re saying
- Is the lighting good?
- Is the audio clear?
- Make sure the sound isn’t fuzzy or muffled
Your video submissions may be used for a host of purposes, including PR, social media and website content. This is an opportunity to raise your profile as chef so please represent your best self – and importantly please smile, relax and BE YOU!
Please submit your video entry to us at bit.ly/submitvdogcsust23 by 11.59pm AEST on 25 August, 2023.
The Winner will be notified by 4 September 2023, and will be announced (virtually) at the Nestle Golden Chef’s Hat Industry Awards Night on September 13th, 2023, and be awarded with a Minor Prize. All decisions throughout the Promotional Period are at the discretion of the Promoter’s Judging Committee, are final and no correspondence will be entered into.